WDN COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP, SPRING 2015
Women Donors Network (WDN) is a community of progressive women who multiply their energy, their strategic savvy, and their philanthropic dollars to build a more just and fair world. We are seeking a communications intern to work with our small staff team in support of our organizational goals.
This is a professional development opportunity for college students interested in gaining experience in the nonprofit sector with a philanthropic community working for social and environmental justice.
The internship will cover various aspects of WDN’s strategic communications work for social change, including leveraging our unique brand in public relations work, blogging for our website, communicating electronically with our network, and building out our social media footprint.
Specific tasks may include the following:
- Produce postings for WDN’s Twitter and Facebook pages
- Develop blog posts and reports on current issues or program activities
- Take notes on conference calls and write reports for WDN’s website
- Collaborate with WDN’s Communications Team on website content development, including developing member and partner profiles
- Support the development of our annual WDN on the Hill program through speaker research, materials development and assembly, and communications updates
Requirements of the Position
- Must be currently enrolled in a local college or university
- Interest in working with a nonprofit community
- Commitment to progressive values and interest in WDN’s areas of work
- Enthusiastic collaborator
- Responsible and communicative
- Excellent writer
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and internet applications
- Social media and website management experience a plus
Schedule & Duration of Internship
- Six-month internship, beginning in January 2015. Interns must be able to dedicate 10 hours per week for the duration of the internship. Exact start date to be determined in coordination with supervisor.
- WDN offers a flexible schedule, with a preference for candidates who can commit to 2 days per week in WDN’s office in downtown San Francisco.
$15/hour, for 10 hours per week.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter summarizing your interest and experience, and the names and contact information for two references to Laurel Potter Huerta, at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 20, 2014. No calls please.
WDN is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage women, people of color and all abilities and sexual orientations to apply.